Thursday, March 1, 2007

February At a Glance...

I do understand that this is a day late, oh well.

February has been a good month overall. This month has seen me through some difficulties and sometimes of rejoicing. I began the first morning in February worrying about the results of a doctor's visit and the Lord answered my prayers.

I have several close friends who are expecting babies in late summer. As the month of February began, I started really recognizing how all of them were "showing". It was hard because if had not had my miscarriage, my baby would have been born in late May. As I saw my friends starting to "show," I felt sad thinking about how much I would be "showing". I wasn't jealous of them, I was just grieving my miscarriage because I could really "see" what I had lost. I say all of that for this reason, after several long talks with my DH and my Mom, I began to realize that I wasn't losing my mind, I was just grieving in a different way than I had before. My DH and I had a long prayer together one day and since then I have felt better. God has given me peace and even though I may grieve, the miscarriage isn't something God can't bring healing to. He has (and still is) holding me in His arms and letting me just rest in Him.

I am sorry that was sooo heavy and sad, I just couldn't not include in what God has done for me this month. On a lighter note though...

Valentine's Day was very nice. My DH was very delighted by the scavenger hunt and the cake. It was a great first "being-married" Valentine's Day.

This month, I also got two packages from home. One from my Mom and the other one from my family for Valentine's Day.

I discovered some new wonderful recipes this month and have made Kelli's Banana Crumb Muffins twice. Yum, Yum!

Verse for February:

"Return to your rest, O my soul,
For the Lord has dealt bountifully with you."
~Psalms 116:7

2 Comments:

Kelli said...

Dear Charree,
Praying for you and sending you big (((hugs))).
Love,
Kelli

Rebecca said...

I think now is the perfect time for reflection so I don't think it is LATE at all!

I am sorry you had to endure a miscarriage and you have had to face the struggles that come with that. But I am so thankful that the Lord has given you a measure of peace and comfort. He is good!

Praying this month will be a blessing to you!