Monday, March 19, 2007

A Trip Home...

I am in a really interesting place right now. My family and my home for the last 15 years (until August) has been in Florida. When I talk about visiting my family, I always refer to it as "home." However, when I get to Florida and am talking about Texas, I refer to it as "home" too. Oh well, I guess the saying, "Home is where the heart is" works in my case.

My DH and I live in Texas and I love our house that we have made a home, together. We both just wish we were closer to Florida. My family, which is held close to my heart, has greatly influenced me to be who I am today and since my family didn't function within a house but a home. I had an example of how I wanted my home to be.

So, with all of that being said, I am going home to Florida this week. My DH will be staying here in Texas. It will be sad to be away from him for a week, especially since we haven't been apart since July, so!?!?! I am greatly looking forward to spending time with my family, I haven't seen them since Christmas. I am going to go to the beach with my sister, hang out with my grandma (a.k.a. "Gram"), go to a cake decorating class with my mom (how fun), talk politics with my dad, and have lunch with my mother-in-law, along with many other things.

I won't be posting this week because I will be gone. I fly out tomorrow and get back next Tuesday. I would greatly appreciate your prayers being that this is the first time I am not flying with someone else I know and it has been 4 years since I last flew. I am trying not to be nervous.

I hope that all of you have a wonderful week and I look forward to "catching up" when I get back.

Have a blessed week!

3 Comments:

Kelli said...

I'm not a fan of flying either, Charree so I understand the nervous thing. I will keep you in my prayers! Have a wonderful time with your family and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!
Kelli

Julieann said...

Have a safe and wonderful trip!!! I can't wait to hear all the details when you get back.

You are right, home is where the heart is:)

Julieann:)

theups said...

I completely understand about not wanting to be away from your husband. I do NOT like to be away from Mr. U for more than a few hours!! He is SUCH a wonderful man- I am blessed!!

I will pray that your flight goes well. :)

His,
Mrs. U