Thursday, February 15, 2007

My Valentine's Cake...


I hope that all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I hate I didn't get to post anything yesterday, I was soooo very busy. Everything went well though.

I got a Valentine's Box from my family in Florida. I haven't gotten to take a picture of its contents yet. I will have to post about it next. It was too fun.

For breakfast we had sausage, eggs, and pink waffles to get in the Valentine's excitement.

I made the cake a decorated it without my DH suspecting anything. This was really hard to do because he was only gone for 4 hours yesterday. I was in super-speed mode. I did finish all of the clues for the scavenger hunt and they all even rhymed.


Here is the clue I wrote for the bottle of bleach.
"I have the power to make something turn white.
I also help dulls look bright.
I am in a bottle, if you haven't guessed.
If I spill in the 'darks' it'll be quite a mess."

At the end of the scavenger hunt, I was hiding in the closet with his cake and the big "I Love You" valentine I made. It was a big rush because I had to be ready to go to dinner when he got home. However, I managed to be in the closet waiting, holding the cake and wearing the dress I was wearing when we got engaged.

Here is a picture of his cake.

We had a great evening. After he got home, we went to have Crawfish Enchiladas (my favorite) at a Mexican restaurant in town. We came back home and had cake for dessert.

1 Comment:

Shereen said...

The cake came out wonderful. It seems like you took a lot of time to plan out everything out, just so. I'm sure he really appreciated everything. You are really making want to take some cake decorating classes. With 6 of us in the house, that's a minimum of 6 cakes a year to decorate. ;0) The cake looks yummy.