Thursday, March 29, 2007

My Little Adventure...

I have finally gotten my pictures uploaded and ready to post.

I got to Florida around 9:15 p.m. on Monday. My Dad, Mom, Sister, and Gram were all there at the airport when I got there. As I walked down the terminal I could see them and was so excited. They brought me some pretty pink alstroemeria. After we left the airport we went to eat sushi (my favorite) and hibachi. Below is a picture of my Gram, Me, and my Sister.

Here is my Mom and Dad at the Japanese Restaurant.


The next day we went to see an exhibit on Pompeii and to a big garden. We had a picnic at the gardens and then walked around. I got to take a lot of pictures at the garden of flowers and my family. My sister recently picked up the harmonica and played us tunes as we walked around.

Here is a good family picture at the gardens.


And my Dad and I.


On Wednesday, I went to the beach with my sister.


On Thursday, I had breakfast with a dear friend of mine that I had not seen since my wedding. Then, I got to spend the day with my Gram. I had lunch with her and then we went to an antique store. On Thursday night, we also had a celebration dinner for my sister because she made the Florida All-State Academic Team.

On Friday, my Mom and I went to visit with my Mother-in-Law. My inlaws live about two hours away from my parents. We had a very nice lunch and a great time visiting.

On Saturday, I got to go shopping at some stores that I don't have out here in Texas like T.J. Maxx. My mom, sister, and I had a great time together.

On Sunday, I got to go to my old church. It was so nice to be back. I went to this church for the last 5 years and being that my Dad is the pastor there and my Mom and sister and I led worship for most of that time. Everyone at the church is like my extended family. They had a pizza party for me and my family so that we could all visit while I was there.

Here is a picture of my Mom, sister, and my close friend (CB). They all do the worship at the church.


That afternoon, my family went to play Frisbee golf. These are a few pictures from that.





On Monday, we went to T.G.I. Friday's to have an early birthday celebration for my sister.

On Tuesday, I went by my Gram's and told her bye. Then, my Mom and I had a picnic lunch with my sister. After that, we met up with my Dad so I could tell him bye. Then, Mom and I went and got a coffee. I then got on the plane to fly back.

That was my trip in a nut shell. I had a wonderful time getting to spend time with my family. Seeing and leaving them made me really realize how much I miss their daily interaction in my life. I can't wait until I get to see them again.

4 Comments:

Rebecca said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time-but tell the truth...did you go NUTS away from your hubby that long?!?!

I was away for a week several months ago and it was HARD. I am going to be going away for another week in the middle of April. There is great good on one hand-but it is TORTURE being away from Matt!!!

Looks like you and your sister are fast friends. That is so great! And your mom and grandma are both so young! Like having sisters!

Kelli said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, Charree! My family lives in RI and I always love when we can get together. Thank you for sharing the photos with us, I love your new profile picture!
Kelli

Shereen said...

How sweet. It looks like you had a great time. They look very happy to have had you visit. I wonder how close you were to me? Hmmm.....Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed seeing your trip, and the especially the worship ones. Very nice!!

Charree said...

In regards to being away from my hubby...

It was hard, especially when I left him to go to my gate. I was crying. After I got to Florida and saw my family, I felt better. My DH was very busy while I was gone and his dad actually came out the Friday through Tuesday that I was gone, so I didn't feel like he was going to be too lonesome without me. I also fixed him a menu with all of the entrees just needing to be heated in the microwave just to let him know I cared.