Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Fresh Spring Recipe...

This evening I decided to make a little sweet snack for my DH and I to enjoy. I made an Apple Crisp and topped it with a little bit of Cool Whip.


Quick-and-Easy Apple Crisp

8 cups thinly sliced peeled Granny Smith apples (about 4 large/2 lb.)
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
1/3 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
1/4 cup cold margarine
25 Reduced Fat NILLA Wafers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping

Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss apples with 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 tsp. of the cinnamon. Spoon into 8- or 9-inch square baking dish.
Combine oats, the remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in margarine with pastry blender or two knives, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add wafer crumbs; mix well. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.
Bake 30 to 35 min. or until apples are tender. Serve warm or cooled. Top with whipped topping.

Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Julieann said...

Yummy!!! My family just loves apple crisp--thank you for sharing the recipe:)

Julieann:)

Kelli said...

Looks delicious!! I've been craving apple crisp, I'll hae to put it on my menu. :0)
Kelli

theups said...

This recipe sounds DELICIOUS!!! I love the idea of using Nilla Wafers!!! What a great idea!!! I will have to try this soon!!

His,
Mrs. U