Saturday, February 28, 2009

A February Past Us...

February was here and now it is almost gone. Goodness! I was trying to think about what to post about and then I looked at the calender. A monthly summary was now due.

So this month...has flown by and has crept ever so slowly by. The first week of the month was nothing special, we were just working away on our kitchen. Then on the 8th, I took a test that changed my life. Unlike the probably fifty pregnancy test I have taken over the last two years, I finally had TWO lines show up. Praise the Lord! As of today (we think I am) six weeks pregnant. No spotting for two weeks now and an ultrasound on Monday to see how things are progressing.

My mom spent about a week here with us as I did nothing but lay around. She was such a tremendous help. She visited with me, helped me at the grocery, cooked, cleaned, and straightened. I had such a great time with her here and it was so sad to see her leave.

We did finish our kitchen "renovation" this month (well, except for a lone cabinet pull that we don't have yet). I have cooked in it a little bit, just enough to know that I really like it.

I have watched a ton of chick flicks over the last few weeks. One of my good friends brought over her whole collection to keep my mind occupied, I have watched about half of them I think. Some of the ones I really liked were Princess Diaries, Penelope, Sleepless in Seattle, and Runaway Bride.

This month I worked on a logo for my dad. He is growing Heirloom tomatoes this spring and selling them at the local plant shows. I designed a logo for him.
I feel that this month has been kind of a roller coaster trying to go with what comes at us. God has granted us the wonderful gift that we have been praying for. Now, we just continue to pray that God will keep our little one safe and healthy.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."
~Ephesians 3:20

2 Comments:

Brittany said...

That's wonderful to hear that you're in good health, with no spotting! Hope the ultrasound goes well on Monday!

Your kitchen looks great (from what I've seen) and you did a wonderful job on that logo! I like the simplicity of it!

Have a blessed weekend!

Davene said...

Thanks for the summary; that's a great way to keep track of life. :)

I'm thrilled to hear that the spotting has stopped. Enjoy your ultrasound tomorrow!!!