Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's Amazing What a Coat of Paint Can Do...

Well, our kitchen is coming right along. My DH sanded the cabinets and then we primed them. My DH then put the two top coats on and my cabinets are curing now. I am going to be putting things away tomorrow.

Here is a picture of my dining room at the beginning of January.
Here is a picture of my dining room now.

It is a BIG mess, isn't it? Every single thing out of my kitchen (minus the food in the pantry) is in somewhere in the dining room.

Now on to the kitchen progress.

Here are the cabinets as they were getting their coat of primer.

Here are the cabinets completely painted.

We still have to put the fronts on them after we paint them.

My DH is planning on fabricating the doors tomorrow afternoon.

Not that I want to brag to much, but my DH has been so great about all of the painting. I helped him briefly paint on Saturday night. But since I am in the waiting period to take a pregnancy test, my DH didn't want me around the fumes. He painted all day Saturday and Sunday all by himself while I sat in the living room and sewed.

6 Comments:

Davene said...

The kitchen is looking great!

How exciting about the pregnancy test! I'll be praying for the result...and most of all, for your heart whatever the test says.

Beautiful blog layout, by the way!

Allison said...

It is looking so great! I bet you're so excited.

I like how you added extra storage too. Always nice to have extra storage.

Brittany said...

The kitchen is coming along great!

How sweet of your DH to do all the painting work! Can't wait to hear the pregnancy test results! It's in God's hands!

Unknown said...

Did he do the crown molding in the living room too?! I would love to have that in our house. Looks great!
I'll be praying too!

Charree said...

Thanks to all of you for your sweet comments and prayers.

Christi ~ He didn't do the crown molding in there. He is going to put it up around the top of the cabinets though.

Unknown said...

What a guy!