Monday, February 23, 2009

Chicken Alfredo Pizza...

While my mom was here she shared a recipe for a pizza that she has been making recently. While she was here she made it for us to try. A couple of days later, I asked her if she would make it again. On Friday night, my DH made it for us again. The recipe is originally from Cooking Light. However, we have made tweaked it some to fit our tastes. So, I thought that I would share the recipe that is really tasty yet easy to make.

Chicken Alfredo Pizza
(Picture from Cooking Light)
  • 1 large bag of fresh spinach, washed
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts or rotisserie chicken
  • 2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
  • 1 garlic clove, halved
  • 1 (1-pound) Thin pizza crust
  • 1/2 cup light Alfredo sauce (I used Classico)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper

Preheat oven to 450°.

Saute spinach in a saucepan in some olive oil just until wilted.

Combine the sauted spinach and the next four ingredients; toss well. Rub cut sides of garlic over crust; discard garlic. Spread Alfredo sauce evenly over crust; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and red pepper. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until crust is crisp. Cut into 6 wedges.

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

Brittany said...

Looks delicious! I love Alfredo sauce!

Lori said...

This looks and sounds soo yummy!!

Anonymous said...

This does look very yum!

Julieann said...

OOOOHHHH, Charee---yummy!!

Hope you are doing well today---((Prayers my sweet blogging friend))