Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Valentine's Day Preparations...


While I do not have any little children to make Valentine's Day special for, I do have my Valentine himself. This is our first Valentine's Day to be married so I want to make it really special. So, I am working on some preparations in order to make this day go great.

First, I am going to bake my DH a cake. This cake isn't just any old cake though. It is his favorite, Paula Dean's Carrot Cake. I am going to bake it in the heart shaped pan my Mom sent me. I am not sure whether I will just prep the ingredients or actually bake the cake. I guess that that will have to depend on how the tomorrow goes.

Second, my DH loves Reese's. So, I bought a pack of the Reese's hearts and I am going to do a scavenger hunt for him so he can get to his present. I got him a game he has been wanting and he is not expecting to get it. So, I have to make all of my clues.

The third thing I want to try to do is something for one of my neighbors. She is a widow and none of her children live in the area. I think I will bake her a batch of heart shaped cookies or something to make her feel special. I would hope that someone would do that for my mom if I couldn't do it for her.

I hope that your day is good and productive.

0 Comments: