Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Valentine's Day Funny...

On Valentine's Day my DH bought me a bouquet of roses. My DH said, he had bought the roses on the way to work and left them in the truck for a few hours (we have had cold weather). When he got into the truck he said it stunk to high heaven and when he smelt the roses he realized the reason it stunk. However, by the time he realized it, it was too late to return them on Valentine's Day.

When he came home he told me, "Well, you were going to get roses for Valentine's Day, but smell these. " He proceeded to hand me my roses to smell. As my nose got close, I smelt something equivalent of something dead. So on Thursday we went back to the store to return them because we thought maybe a frog was up in them and died or something. It was awful. Then the girl that worked there told us it was the Misty Limonium that was a filler in the roses. She told us it has a strong, stinky odor and that was what we were smelling. They still gave him the money back.

I was with him and he asked me if I wanted to pick out some more flowers, I told him that I would prefer to buy a flowery wreath for my front door instead. So for Valentine's Day my DH bought me a wreath I liked a JoAnne's. Now I will have this Valentine's flowers for months to come.

1 Comment:

Kelli said...

I love your new wreath..it's beautiful!!!
Kelli