Thursday, February 22, 2007

Gumbo Troubles...

A few nights ago, I decided I would make the Chicken-Sausage Gumbo I had chosen in my menu. I guess I didn't quite read the directions very closely because I over looked the cook time (3 hours). So, as I stood in the kitchen at 6:15 thinking I was going to get the gumbo done by 7:00, I had a rude awakening. Needless to say, we had one of the meals that I had put up in the freezer for dinner. However, I did finish cooking the gumbo and we had it the next night for dinner. I was excellent (if I do say so myself). The recipe was involved, but not to complicated. The recipe made enough for me to put at least half of it up in the freezer for a later time.


Click here to get to the recipe on the Southern Living website.

2 Comments:

Kelli said...

YUM! I may have to make this for my husband, he would love it!!
Kelli

Charree said...

It was really good and it wasn't very spicy so it might not be to hot for kids. I only used 1/2 tsp. of the hot sauce.