Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day Ponderings...

I finished watching the inauguration just a little bit ago. Many things crossed my mind while watching it. I was thinking how relieved former-President Bush must have felt now that his time as President is over. I was thinking about our nation and all that the last eight years contained. My mind continued on and what quickly came to the surface were the fears that I have about our new President. Yet in the back of my mind, God was reminding me that the United States, Barack Obama, and the whole world for that matter are being held completely in His hands and nothing surprises Him.

After pondering this thought for a few moments, I began to feel a great deal of conviction about praying for the new President and his advisers. I may not like all (or much at all) of what Obama has stood for in the past. But I have a God-given responsibility to pray for the man.

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way." ~ 1st Timothy 2:1-2

I need to pray that he will lead our country well and lead our country in a godly manner. I pray that if his heart and soul are not devoted to bringing honor and glory to God in the way that he leads our country, that he would become overwhelmed with a conviction to walk in the way of the Lord. I pray that he will seek guidance from the Lord about the leadership of our country and that the great responsibility that he now has on his shoulders will make him pray like he has never prayed before.
I hope that you will join me in praying for our new President, Barack Obama. If you would like to join with those around the U.S. that are praying through the 1st 100 days of the new Presidency you can sign-up to receive specific prayer requests each day.

3 Comments:

Pokemon said...

I just came across your blog and I love your mix of yummy recipes and spiritual ponderings.

Now for my comment on this actual post - I try to make a point of praying for others but it is not too often that I think to pray for our political leaders. Thanks for the insight.

Charree said...

Thanks for stopping by, it is very nice to meet you.

Julieann said...

Absulutely---I will be praying right along with that God gives our new president the wisdom and strength to run our country:))))


Julieann