Monday, January 26, 2009

One Happy Day...

Three years ago today, I found out that my family and my DH were in cahoots. They were all in on the surprise. My DH (then boyfriend) casually asked me on Sunday if I wanted to plan to come over to watch a movie and eat some dinner on Thursday. When Thursday came I went over there dressed in jeans. My DH answered the door in a dress shirt and a tie. The first thought that crossed my mind was "Oh shoot, I apparently missed the dress up for this announcement." My DH then said that there were some clothes I could change into in the office. I walked in and there was the dress that my Mom and I had picked out to wear when Matt and I went out for Valentine's Day. Everything was there, right down to the earrings that I was planning of wearing. After I got dressed, I walked into the living room and then I see that my DH has made it look all romantic. He set up a table next to the fireplace and cooked a delicious meal. When we started eating dessert he started telling me about how much he had enjoyed our time together. And before I new it, he was down on one knee. He told me that he loved me (which he had never done before) and asked me to marry him. I of course in the midst of tears said "Yes!". After dinner he took me to Books-A-Million so I could, of course, buy wedding magazines. We were married 14 weeks later.

I am still so glad that I said "Yes!"

6 Comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations on your Engagement Anniversary! That is so exciting! That day was so special...it definitely needs to be celebrated!

Melissa :D

Brittany said...

Congratulations! What a sweet story! I love hearing engagement stories because they are all so romantic and personal! Thanks for sharing!

Allison said...

Happy Engage-a-versary :)

Davene said...

Thanks for sharing this story; it's wonderful!

Unknown said...

Hi just a quick question for you, and by the way I love your post, so sweet and romantic! I was on Julieann's blog and she wrote her recipe for Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, you said you might make them for a church function, and I was just wondering if you ever did? I need a really yummy muffin recipe and will not have time to make it first and try it, if you can help me out i would be very appreciative! Sue

Charree said...

Thanks to all of you for reading my engagement story.

Sue~ I sent you an email about the muffins. In case you don't get the email, I wanted to let you know that the muffins were really good.

Blessings!
~Charree