Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes...

Hello everyone! I hope that your week is off to a good start. My week is going well. I am really liking the hours that I have added to my day by getting up early. I have actually been a able to sew a bit today. Yay!!!

Salmon has many health benefits including being high in omega-3. I try to have one salmon dish on my weekly menu since it is so good for you. Last night I made some easy salmon cakes with broccoli and coleslaw for dinner. I wanted to share the recipe with you. The salmon I use is the canned type (Chicken of the Sea). The canned kind isn't as expensive as buying fresh fish, but you still get the benefits of eating salmon.

Quick and Easy Salmon Cakes
(from Kraft Magazine)

1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stove Top Stuffing Mix
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 cans (6 oz. each) salmon, drained, skin and bones discarded
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 chopped green onions

Mix all ingredients together. Cover and refrigerate 10 minutes.
Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray
on medium heat. Shape 1/3 cupfuls of the stuffing
mixture into patties; add to skillet in batches.
Cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown
on both sides, turning over carefully.


Enjoy!

1 Comment:

Brittany said...

Looks like you did a great job! It looks good! I wish I liked salmon because I know it is so good for you. I just don't like it, each time I try it. I take fish oil though! :)