Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Routine of Things...

Hey there friends!

Sorry I have been a little sparse this week. I have been busily working around here and am quite happy with the results. On Wednesday I worked hard to unpack everything from our trip and put it away in its place (both the suitcases and bags of random stuff) all while watching J. On Thursday I managed to take down all of my Christmas decorations and pack them away in their plastic bins. Yesterday I ran my usual errands (grocery, Target, and Sam's), zoned my kitchen, and finished straitening the whole house. Today, I spent the day hanging out with my DH and the weather has been very chilly, which makes me want to cuddle up on the couch.

This week I also worked very hard to get myself into a routine. I have been going to bed promptly at 10:00 p.m. and waking up at 6:00 a.m. Which is good for me because if I did what I usually wanted to do I wouldn't go to bed until 2:00 a.m. and that doesn't make for a very productive or routined life (at least in my case). Since I have been waking up so early I have been doing a walking DVD every morning, doing my quiet time and getting a shower first thing (not late in the afternoon, thank the Lord!). I am really liking how productive I have been and look forward to having a very routined life this next semester. I have very high hopes for all the things I can accomplish with God's help and His discipline.

I hope that the rest of your weekend is great!

2 Comments:

Davene said...

Good for you! I need to do like you're doing and get myself into a routine. Making myself go to bed in the evenings is so difficult most nights since, by nature, I'm a night owl for sure! But when my little guy fusses in the morning and I know there's no snooze button on a baby, I kick myself for not having gone to bed earlier. Like tonight, for example, it's almost midnight here. What am I doing up? OK, that's it. I'm going to bed now. :)

Anyway, I did want you to know that I admire your energy and accomplishments!

Charree said...

Thanks for your encouragement Davene!

My DH and I are both night owls too which makes it so hard to go to bed at a decent hour.

Have a great week!