Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day...

Well the day is now upon, November 4. As you already know, it is election day. I must admit that for the last several months that my heart has been troubled. I have worried about the outcome and what is at stake. Personally, the deciding factor for who I voted for was the candidates' view on the sanctity of the unborn life. While other issues may have further proved that I made the right choice, the need to protect the defenseless unborn is what it boils down to for me.

I have had fear in my heart, worrying about the election results. However, in the Daniel Bible study I have been going through, God brought me to a verse that has given my heart peace. In Daniel 4 this phrase shows up three different times (v. 17, 25, 32).

"The Most High rules the kingdom of men
and gives it to whom He wills."


This phrase in correlation with everything else that I have been learning from Daniel has reinforced in my mind a truth that my mind often forgets, God is in control of everything. I hope you can find peace and comfort in this verse, the way that God has allowed my heart to be at peace.

The election results, which we may find out tonight, are according to God's will and the outcome will not surprise Him. May our hearts rest in that knowledge.

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN. We are going to really need tobe faithful in praying for our country these next few years more so than ever.