Friday, January 23, 2009

National Pie Day Among Other Things...

Hey everybody! Sorry I have been pretty absent around here the last few days. I have not been feeling well at all. I am currently taking some medicine that is giving me awful migraine-like headaches and making me feel absolutely exhausted. I have been so exhausted that I went to bed last night at 10 p.m. and didn't get out of bed until 12:30 this afternoon. Isn't that just AWFUL! I hate it when I sleep my day away, but I tell you that my body was not at all interested in getting up anytime before then. So enough about that though.
Mrs. U over at Making a House a Home is celebrating National Pie Day! She mentioned it last week and I thought that it would be fun to join her. So, this afternoon I made my first ever Lemon Meringue Pie. We haven't eaten any of it yet, so I hope that it tastes good. I cooked the meringue a little to much, but the consistency is wonderful. Here is a picture of the pie right now. I will have to share a picture of a piece of it later.

My DH and I are starting on a minor kitchen remodel/renovation this evening. I am getting new counter tops in a few weeks and we are adding a couple of extra cabinets this weekend. So, as of probably 6:00 p.m. tonight I will not have a kitchen sink, dishwasher, or counter tops until Sunday. We are planning on ordering a pizza tonight and eating sandwiches tomorrow. For now I have to go finish picking up the kitchen so my DH can get started when he gets back from Home Depot.

I hope that your Friday is going well and Happy Pie Day!

3 Comments:

Mrs. U said...

Gracious!!! That pie looks WONDERFUL!!!! You did a super job on the meringue!! That is always THE hardest part!! My mouth is now watering for lemon merinque pie!!!! YUM!!!!

Happy National Pie Day!!

His,
Mrs. U

Heather Anne said...

I hope your pie tasted as good as it looks! We have a passel of lemons on hand right now and I was thinking about lemon meringue, but there were no takers!

Melissa said...

Oh my word, that pie looks sooo good! My grandmother in Kentucky makes a great Lemon Meringue! I should probably be getting her recipe!

Thanks for sharing,
Melissa :D