Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Mess of a Kitchen...

Hey everyone! I hope that your Saturday is going well. We have had cold weather here today, at least cold for this part of Texas.

My DH and I started with our kitchen renovation last night. I had to pull out all of the contents in my lower cabinets which has made a HUMONGOUS mess out of our living and dining room. Hopefully my kitchen will be workable by tomorrow evening. We are having to do this bit by bit because we can't afford to eat out every meal for four weeks.

Last night we pulled the counter tops off the cabinets along with the sink and put them on the back porch. We pulled the laminate off of the walls which in turn tore up the Sheetrock underneath. This morning, my DH pulled out all of the Sheetrock so that he can replace it. He had to reinforce some of the existing cabinets today and now he is building one of the additional cabinets. He said that he will be working on it all day tomorrow after church so that we can at least put the sink and cabinets back for the week.

This is the kitchen at 8:30 last night.
This is how it looks now.
Next weekend we are going to be prepping the lower cabinets for new paint. The installation guys are supposed to come out on Thursday and measure for my new counter top. They will install them within 2 to 3 weeks they said. That means that we have a lot of work to do in a short amount of time.

1 Comment:

Davene said...

Wow! That is quite a project, but it's exciting to imagine how it will look when it's all done. :)

I hope you're feeling better and that the headaches are diminishing.

Have a wonderful Sunday!