Saturday, November 1, 2008

October Reflections...

Goodness gracious, October came quite quickly and then went even faster. I am seriously wondering how on earth it is less than a month before Thanksgiving. My how time is flying.

This month has been a month of answers and a month which has, in and of itself, presented new obstacles. The areas of my DH's work, health, and life in general.

My DH finished his Comps at the very end of September which left us wondering for the better part of the month what the outcome of them would be. On the 17th he got the results and passed his major section with distinction. I am so very happy and proud of him. My DH has also applied for 3 jobs (2 in Texas and 1 in Chicago). We are hoping for one of the two in Texas because we really don't want to have to move any further from our families than we already are. He has already done a "job talk" for the job at my DH's current employer and we would like to not have to move. So, the end of the month leaves us wondering what it is that God has in store for us.

This month my DH and I were supposed to go out of town for a long weekend getaway. In the end, we decided not to leave town due to the cost of driving, eating out, and lodging. We wound up just spending the weekend at home doing things that we are normally to busy to do. We played Frisbee golf, went antiquing, played games, and just relaxed.

My photography class is moving right along. I actually only have one more class meeting. I have learned a lot and my DH says that he can see it in my pictures. The biggest thing is practice makes perfect and I haven't really had a whole lot of time to do that.

I have exercised pretty consistently this last month (except for this past week). I can tell a difference in my posture. My clothes are still fitting the same and I haven't stepped on a scale. I am sticking to my original goal of exercising to be healthy and not getting discouraged about weight loss (or the lack there of).

I have decided that I am not going to have a pie swap like I had wanted to. I think that it would be very fun, but almost all of my friends are from different social circles and don't know each other. I became bogged down trying to figure out the correct guest list and the month just slipped away. Oh well, I will have to start planning it for next year. My mom showed me a magazine article about a soup swap. Maybe I will host one of those in January, we'll see.

In regards to apples and my household, this next week I will complete my apple projects for the year. I am planning on making caramel apples for my husband's co-workers. I did this last year and everybody was real appreciative. Right now there are 20 Granny Smith apples sitting on my kitchen counter just waiting to dipped.

God is teaching me a whole bunch on trust. My mind worries about this and that, but I think that I have really been able to just remind myself of who is in control. I am currently going through the Daniel Bible study by Beth Moore. God has just revealed himself to me through the stories from Daniel and it couldn't have come along at a better time in my life.

The verse that best represents this month for me would be:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart;
and lean not to your own understanding."

~Proverb 3:5

1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like this reflecting on the month and I might try this.

Thanks for sharing!