Sunday, November 2, 2008

November Newness...


Happy November to all of you! November of 2008, can you believe it? I am certainly surprised that it is once again time for Thanksgiving. It seems like not too long ago my parents were here visiting last November.

I am very excited about this month. Many things will be going on keeping me on my toes. Not that I need to mention it, but it IS fall and it actually feels like it outside. So as you can tell, I am very happy.

Well, not to ignore the elephant in the room, but in just a few days our next president will be elected. Continue to pray for our nation, the voters, and our leaders.

This month, I am really praying for God to help me with my time management. It seems like most days I throw on my workout clothes to bring my DH to work (we share a car) and I have every intention of doing my workout and getting a shower in the morning (because the children that I watch come over in the afternoon). At the end of the day, I am still in my workout clothes and haven't had a shower. This leaves me taking my shower for the day right before I go to sleep and all day I looked like a "who-da-thought" (as my mother and I would say). Needless to say, this has also limited the amount of crafting I get done. I am praying that God would show me what needs to be changed and give me the energy to wake up early to get a jump start on the day.

My DH and I are taking a day trip this month. I am excited because that means that we will get to eat at either P.F. Chang's or Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I am not sure what all we will do, but getting away for a day will be fun.

I have almost finished my sister's placemats and will be starting on several little Christmas presents for the children I watch. I am hoping to get several different projects knocked out. I also had this really cute idea for an item for my Etsy store (that I am trying to get opened).

This month holds the birthdays of the two men of my life (that is excluding my Savior, the time we celebrate His birth is next month). My DH and my dad both have birthdays this month and their birthdays are only 3 days apart. I already have both of their birthday presents and cards so I am feeling on top of things.

This month also holds Thanksgiving which is such a wonderful time of family fellowship and reflection on the things we have to be grateful. This year is also very special because it is the first time that my DH and I will get to spend Thanksgiving with our families. We spent the Thanksgiving we were dating at our respective families' homes. Since we got married and moved to Texas, we haven't been home for Thanksgiving. So my DH and I and our families are very excited. My Aunt who lives in Germany is also getting to visit for Thanksgiving. So we are really going to have a great time.

Keeping with the spirit of Thanksgiving, each week in November I want to post a list of 7 things that I am thankful for. I would love for you to join me by listing things that you are thankful for in the comments.

I am thankful for...

  • my salvation and the comfort of knowing God is in control of my life.
  • the wonderful husband that God brought into my life, I couldn't have asked for any better.
  • my Mom, who is one of my closest friends and prayed for who I would marry from the time that I was a baby.
  • my Dad, who is a great man and has strived to make sure that my sister and I were important to him.
  • my sister, whose friendship I treasure and am so very proud of.
  • my Gram, who has made sure to make my sister and I feel special and loved through the years.

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving
and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His name."
~ Psalms 100:4

0 Comments: