Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Apples Galore...

I hope that you have had a great Tuesday. Mine was good but very busy (as usual). I watched the two year old (AK) today and we had fun making some goodies to bring up to my DH's work. We had company over for dinner and I had to do some quick tidying up before our company came but after AK left.

Last night I took took 8 lbs. of apples and turned them into 3 quarts of applesauce. I used Honeycrisp apples and my DH really liked the way it tasted. My DH doesn't like sweet applesauce but slightly tart so the Honeycrisp apples were a good choice.

Today, AK and I took the apples below and the contents of the pot...







and turned them into...

Caramel Apples.

Mrs. Wilt, over at The Sparrow's Nest, had a post about the caramel apples that she made. When I saw hers, I was just dying to try to make my own. So I did, with the "supervision" of AK.

We made plain caramel, caramel rolled in pecan pieces, caramel rolled in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, and caramel rolled in nut topping.



























I wrapped them in Cling Wrap and then tied them with a piece of raffia. I brought them up to my DH's office and they were a big hit. I am very excited that they turned out so well and yummy!

I have about 12 more pounds of apples to put up tomorrow. I am going to put up some apple pie filling and some Pecan-Apple Waffles. After that, I don't think I will have any more posts about apples.

By the way, I thought that I would share the picture advertisment below just for laughs. My mom sent me this picture and I just completely cracked up laughing. It is amazing what using the right kind of conditioner can do to your hair. I hope you get a chuckle out of this.

1 Comment:

Julieann said...

Ohh, the picture of the lion is so funny--I was going to say hysterical, but I am not sure of the spelling...LOL. Your candy apples look beautiful--and I am glad to know about the honey crisp apples, I like tart much better then sweet too:)

Julieann