Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Savory Pumpkin Seeds...

Thanks to all of you to your prayers. I would greatly appreciate it if you could keep my request in your prayers in the weeks ahead.

Last night I made some toasted pumpkin seeds. I found the recipe in a magazine, ReadyMade. The magazine, in my opinion, isn't very good and most is filled with tacky ideas. I am a Southern Living magazine type of girl and ReadyMade is no where close. Anyway, to get off of that rant...

There were two recipes provided. One is sweet and one is savory. We really liked the savory ones. It was a bit spicy, due to the cayenne pepper, for kiddos but it probably won't be too spicy for most adults.

Toasted Sweet Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons canolo oil
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger


Toasted Savory Pumpkin Seeds
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
2 teaspoons canolo oil
3/4 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoons curry powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

1. Heat two teaspoons of canola oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
2. Add pumpkin seeds, stirring to coat with the oil. When some of the seeds start to puff, add the spice mixture of choice and stir to coat all seeds.
3. Toast until seeds start to pop and turn golden brown, four to five minutes.

2 Comments:

Mrs. U said...

YUM!!! I recently discovered these little treats, too!! I will definitely have to try both of these versions! Thank you for sharing them!

His,
Mrs. U

Davene said...

Neat picture! I think I'd like the savory ones, too. :)