Thursday, October 2, 2008

October Welcomes...

Hello to you! Can you believe that it is already October? It seems like last October was not to long ago and now here is another one.

Well, this month will be a nice, but semi-busy month. I am currently taking a photography class and it is eating up a lot of my free time. The class goes for 8 weeks so I am almost half-way through already. That is a pretty sad thought, I am really enjoying it and learning so much.

This month my DH and I will be going on a short weekend trip as well. It is going to be a very rural type of trip with horseback riding, fishing, and hiking. It is a trip that I have designed to help my DH relax after his hard work for the last 6 months as he was diligently preparing for his comprehensive exams. I am looking forward to this time away from the busyness of everyday life.

The month of October can be nice sometimes to because it is the calm before the busyness of the holidays. I really want to host a Pie Swap this month. Monica over at The Homespun Heart gave me the idea and I think that it would be so very fun. I am thinking about hosting it on the last weekend of the month, hopefully.

I am getting to teach one of my dear friends to sew. I think it will be really fun to do and I like getting to share things that I do with others. The real question will be how good of a teacher I will be. I guess we will have to ask her when we have finished.

Apples I do believe are the centerpiece for my activities for this month. I am planning on making another batch of applesauce, some Spiced Apple Waffles (to put away in the freezer), and at least a few Caramel Apples. I just love this time of year.

I am also hoping to get my ETSY shop opened up this month as well. That is an ambition I have, whether or not it comes to pass is yet to be seen.

I have also set a goal of exercising everyday for the whole month (except on Sunday). I am not being ambitious about the amount or intensity. Just doing a one-mile walk each day is better than me really pushing myself once every other week at the gym, right?

Also, this month is a time of trust in God for me. I am having to daily remind myself to trust in Him about things in the past and the things in the future. I am having to rest in the perfect peace that He gives to my troubled heart.

This is my verse for the month:

"I wait for the Lord, my soul doeth wait, and in his word do I hope."
~Psalms 130:5

What all do you have going on this month?

2 Comments:

Kelli said...

Happy October, Charree! Your plans sound wonderful. We are going on a family camping trip and I can't wait!
~Kelli

Charree said...

Camping sounds fun. I have actually never been.