Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fabric Galore...

Hi there to all of you! When did it get to be Wednesday? I went to sleep last night thinking that it was Monday. The week is just flying by.

Some of you may know that I have a very strong attraction to several things (material things): black shoes, flip-flops, shoes in general (uh oh, I am starting to see a pattern), pajama pants, and fabric. All of the items mentioned above are present, in a certain degree of abundance, at my house. I say all of this to say that last weekend the quilting store in my area had a large fabric sale.

They had various fabrics for $4.00 a yard. I found a whole bunch of Amy Butler fabric that I liked for $4. $4!!! Can you believe it? I mean it is normally $9.25 a yard.

I went into the store planning on just buying maybe 5 yards. But, there were so many prints that I liked that my 5 yards quickly turned into 20 yards. I can't wait to start on some projects with it. I am determined to complete at least one project before Thanksgiving.

I bought a group of pink and orange coordinates...



Some brown/pink coordinates (the top two)...



And some blue/green coordinates.


They match in real life, honest.

So, do you have a collection of fabrics or some other type of crafting supply?

4 Comments:

Mrs. U said...

These fabrics are so pretty!! I am s-l-o-w-l-y learning to sew. I am currently working on cloth napkins, but I am so unsure of myself that I am cautiously taking my time!!!

I can't wait to see what you create with your fabric!

His,
Mrs. U

Charree said...

Oh how fun. I am currently teaching one of my dearest friends how to sew. I hope that you have great success with you napkins.

Lori said...

Hi! I came to your blog through Juliane and Real Me.

I love all your fabric and no I don't have a collection.
I wish I knew how to sew. Can't wait to see all that you make with it.


Lori

Charree said...

Thanks for stopping by Lori. It is very nice to meet you.