Monday, October 27, 2008

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies...

This afternoon while J. was supposed to be napping (which he never did), A. and I made some cookies. Cooking, especially baking, is one of A.'s favorite things to do. So, as she stood on my kitchen step-stool, she poured the ingredients in as I measured them. She took some home to eat after dinner and my DH was very happy to have some "goodies" as well. I thought that I would share the recipe. I hope you enjoy them!


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
3 cups plain oatmeal
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In large bowl, beat margarine and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Add oats and raisins; mix well.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.

Alteration: For a more hearty/healthy taste, substitute 1 cup of Original Craisins for the chocolate chips.

Yield: 3 dozen cookies

2 Comments:

Kim said...

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip are my most favorite cookie EVER!! We have Amana, IA nearby and several restaraunts make an oatmeal chocolate chip pie. While I can polish off an unseemly amount of the cookies--the pie is so rich, I can't reliably eat a single slice!

Charree said...

The Oatmeal Pie sounds delicious.