Sunday, October 12, 2008

What Jane Austen Taught Me Review...


Today I finished the book What Jane Austen Taught Me About Love and Romance written by Debra White Smith. I really enjoyed reading this book. The book is written based on various Jane Austen novels and First Corinthians 13:4-8.

The book is an easy read. The chapters in it are fairly short and perfect bathroom/waiting in the car reading. Debra White Smith basically took a part of the verse and paired it with a Jane Austen novel character. For instance, the phrase "Love is patient..." is paired with "Emma Woodhouse and Sir Patience Extraordinaire". The book actually made me want to read one of the novels and I have recently started reading Sense and Sensibility.

This book encouraged me to be a better example of what true love (the First Corinthians type) looks like in relation to those around me, whether they be a neighbor or a family member. This book would be great for teenage girls as well.

If you would like to find out more about this book, click here.

0 Comments: