Monday, September 29, 2008

Pears, Apples, and a Big Pot...

Well I hope that all of you had a great weekend. My weekend went by very quickly, as most of them do. I turn around and it is Monday again. Today is such a sun shiny day and this morning it actually felt a bit chilly. It won't stick around long though in about an hour it will probably be burning hot out there. I can at least open all of my blinds and let the sunshine pour in though.

On Saturday I went to training to be a small group leader with the Truth Project. The Truth Project is a really neat study done by Focus on the Family. It is a 12 week home study that serves as a starting point for viewing life from a biblical perspective. It is a really valuable study and there are small groups all around the country going through it. If you would like to learn more about it or would like to get involved, head on over to the Truth Project website. Have any of you every heard of or gone through the Truth Project?


Here is a promotional video clip about the Truth Project.

Yesterday my DH and I went to church and then he had to study for his last comprehensive exam (which he is taking right now). I spent the day doing this and that around the house. I also made applesauce from Honeycrisp apples. I was very happy with the way it turned out.


I made applesauce from Honeycrisp apples last year and my DH ate it up so fast that I made more this year. I think that I might make another batch before the apple season is over with.


I also canned some pear honey on Thursday. Now I just need to make the jars look cute. They make great little hostess gifts when they look really cute.


Today, I have the children that I watch coming over for the afternoon. I have got to get my house back together and do my FlyLady cleaning for the week. What all are you doing today?

2 Comments:

Kelli said...

I love honeycrisp apples and I'll bet your apple sauce is delicious. I made pear honey a few weeks ago and would like to can a few more things for Christmas gifts. It will be here before we know it!
~Kelli

Mrs. U said...

Ooh!! The applesauce and pear honey sound yummy!! Any chance you would share the recipes?? :)

Also, I haven't heard of the Truth Project before. Thank you for sharing the link- I am heading over there tonight!

His,
Mrs. U