Saturday, December 27, 2008

These Days after Christmas...

Hi everyone! I hope that your Christmas was wonderful. I had a delightful Christmas Eve and Christmas. My DH and I have made our journey to Florida (with all FOUR of our dogs) and are enjoying the time we are getting to spend with our families.

On Tuesday night, my DH, my family (my dad, my mom, my sister, and my gram), and I went to a Christmas concert. It was very nice to sit and listen to all of the music. The concert is held in an old church and the acoustics in the building are wonderful. We had such a great time.

On Wednesday, we had Christmas Eve at my parents' house. We had a Christmas dinner "Southern Style" which consisted of ham, collard greens, cornbread, and sweet potatoes. After dinner we exchanged gifts and then ate birthday cake in celebration of Jesus.

On Christmas morning, my DH and I drove over to his parents' house in order to be there for breakfast. We spent the day visiting with family and watching our nephews play with their new Wii.

Things have been very laid back around here. I went after Christmas shopping yesterday at Target and bought wrapping paper for next Christmas. We have just been hanging out with family, relaxing, and reading. I am currently reading A Marriage Without Regrets by Kay Arthur. I am only in the fifth chapter, but I am enjoying it immensely. I will have to let you know what I think about the book when I finish it.

So, what are you up to these days after the Christmas rush?

0 Comments: