Monday, December 8, 2008

It Smells Like Icing...

Hey everybody! I hope that you had a great weekend and that your Monday is off to a great start. My DH and I had a nice weekend, but I am sad that it is already over.

This week I made a few cakes for a small wedding reception and I was very happy with the way they turned out. I spent most of Saturday making icing and decorating the cakes. The lady that I made them for was very happy with the job that I did. As my DH and I were driving to her house, I just knew (with a cake caddy being held between my feet and a cake dome in my lap) that we were going to have a wreck and there would be no cakes. Thank the Lord my thoughts aren't always correct.

This is the vanilla cake with fresh raspberry filling.

This is the chocolate cake with fresh raspberry filling.

My DH and I spent the afternoon rearranging the office (dog's room) so that we could fit another crate into the room. My DH likes the way the room looks now and all of the dogs seem content with the new set up.

I finished reading the book Youniquely Woman and I cant wait to share with you some of the things I learned.

I hope that you have a great day!

10 Comments:

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

The cakes are beautiful....

Elizabeth

Nanci said...

These cakes look truly elegant!

Nanci @ Brambleberry Cottage

gwsas4 said...

You need to tell me these fun things when we hang out! How pretty! I had no idea you could do stuff like that! I like your new blog look too!

Charree said...

Thanks for the compliments on the cakes. Y'all are too sweet.

Melissa said...

Those cakes are so beautiful! The icing is so smooth, and I bet they were yummy! What kind of icing did you use?

Charree said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for stopping by. I used a buttercream icing. Let me know if you want the recipe and I will send it to you.

Have a blessed day!
~Charree

Melissa said...

Oh my word, I would love the recipe! I use to, up until October, work at a bakery and my boss NEVER gave away the secret recipe. I would love it though!

Thanks,
Melissa

mcgabbard@gmail.com

Mrs. U said...

Yum! Any chance you would share the recipe for the cake and the filling? Pretty please???

His,
Mrs. U

Melissa said...

Mrs. U, we love our cake don't we? Didn't Charree do a great job?!?

Charree said...

Mrs. U,
I will get the recipe for you when we return home. I just saw your request for the recipe, sorry.
~Charree