Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Australia (The Movie)...

On Saturday night my DH took me on a date. We had dinner and then went to see Australia. I have wanted to see it since I saw the preview for it. I am a very big fan of period films because of the costumes and I am intrigued by the clothing in the early 20th century. The fact that the story involves WWII (which I am very interested in) made the movie a must-see for me.

I don't want to spoil the story for anyone wanting to see the movie, so I will try not to spill too much of the plot. I must admit that from the previews I saw, I expected the story to be little different than it was. I thought that it would show more about the impact WWII had on Australia and less about a particular child of aborigines descent. The part of the story about the cattle drive is very intriguing and really gets you cheering for them. The story is neat and entertaining, just different than I expected.

In regards to questionable material, I know that there was at least one use of a foul word and there is a rather short intimate scene. (I am not sure what all it contained because my DH and I didn't pay attention during that scene.) There are several sexual innuendos and crass talk. There is also the appearance of an ongoing intimate relationship between the two main characters who are not married. Australia is rated PG-13 for some violence, a scene of sensuality, and brief strong language.

All in all, I enjoyed watching it but probably won't watch it again, mainly because of the storyline and length of the movie.

If you have seen Australia I'd love to hear what you thought of it.

0 Comments: