Thursday, April 26, 2007

Prayer Request Update...

First, let me say thanks to all of you for your prayers. I appreciate them very much.

I have heard back from my hematologist. The first thing I found out was the actual effect the Anitcardiolipin Antibody has on my blood. One thing that scared me the most was since these antibodies were the reason I get a blood clot in the past, I was wondering if since the number was so high if my blood was thicker. The answer is no, the antibodies being there only represent the fact that I have a higher risk of developing blood clots. The problem with the antibodies is when I get pregnant, because I have a very high chance of developing blood clots then (which is another different story). For the present moment, I am just keeping a close watch on my limbs to make sure that I don't have any swelling because that could mean I have a blood clot.

The hematologist still does not know why I am having these high levels of the antibody. He doesn't seemed worried about it until I become pregnant again. I, on the other hand, would like to know the cause and not just deal with the symptoms when they pop up. I may try to set up an appointment in order to voice my concerns about it.

So, that is where I am currently...

Once again, thanks so much for the prayers. We serve the Creator of All and He knows what is going on, even though I don't. This is really a good reminder of why I decided the name of my blog should be "Held in His Hands" because no matter what is going on in my life, I can hold (cling) to the fact that God is holding me in His hands.