Friday, April 13, 2007

Flowers, Homework, and More Bread...

Hi everyone! I hope that all of you have had a wonderful week. I really can't believe that Friday is here again. It seems like just yesterday I was making my Easter plans. Man how time is flying.


Today, I spent most of my day working a portfolio of my work for one of my classes. I am very happy to say that the portfolio and my resume are both complete. One class almost knocked completely out. The picture above is of a soap packaging project I had to do last year. The goal of the campaign was to assist parents in getting their children to wash their hands. So here is what I came up with. I just thought that I would share it.

Yes, that is my Iris. It has finally started to bloom. I was beginning to wonder if it ever would because all of the Iris in our neighborhood bloomed weeks ago. I guess that the Iris must have heard my threats of digging it up and replacing it since it wasn't blooming. It now has 5 blooms. Yay!!!!!!

I was not aware of Columbines before I moved to Texas; however, I have become quite the fan of them now. There are pink, white, and yellow ones in our front flower bed and really like the daintiness of them. On Monday, I went to Target to see what they had that was left over from Easter on clearance. I got this little basket vase for $3.00 and I knew the Columbine would look great in it. They have both been brightening up my dining room table all week.

I made another batch of bread on Wednesday to go with our spaghetti dinner. I am very happy with the way it turned out. I may just make this a weekly affair. I haven't bought french bread at the grocery for two weeks now. I am very proud of myself, if I do say so myself.

I know that many of you bake bread. I would love to hear what your favorite kind to make is and maybe you can share the recipe so I can give it a try.

Have a great weekend!

0 Comments: