Sunday, January 21, 2007

Orange Pecan Scones

Today has been a good day. There was finally some sunshine and my dogs got to spend most of the day outside. i thought I would share a delicious recipe as this new week is beginning. These Orange Pecan Scones are my Mom's recipe. When my DH finds out what I am making for breakfast, he smiles and says, "Oh, I like those."

1/3 cup butter
2 cups self-rising flour
3/4 cups buttermilk
3Tsp. sugar
1tsp. ground orange rind
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cut butter into flour with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add buttermilk, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. Add remaining ingredients. Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 7" circle and place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cut each circle into 8 wedges and lightly sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 425 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes.

Optional: After taking out of the oven, brush scones with melted butter.

Yields: 16 scones

3 Comments:

Dawn said...

These sound just YUMMY!!!! Must try them...
:o)

gail@more than a song said...

Does sound very good! Don't think I've ever made scones before.

Kelli said...

Ooooh...yummy! I just printed this recipe out, I can't wait to try it!
Kelli