Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Cake Tales...

Well, I have completed attempt number two of cake decorating. It has been very cold here and I decided to make a cake that reflected the way it feels outside. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. To me, the cake looks like a 1950's cake because of the colors.

By the way, I have another light blue cake because my class was canceled due to the weather after I had already baked and iced my cake. My DH is going to bring the cake to his work tomorrow so we don't eat 2 cakes a week.

6 Comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Great job on the cake! It looks really nice, sounds like fun.

Charree said...

Thanks Gail! It was a lot of fun.

Shereen said...

Wow, you did great. It came out so nice. I am with you on it looking like a cake from the 1950's. I'm looking forward to see how you continue to improve with each class. YAY!! for not giving up. ;0)

Charree said...

Thanks Shereen! i still definitely have room for improvment; but, this one was much more enjoyable than the first cake I did.

runningtocatchmybreath said...

i can't decorate cakes... at least not yet anyways... you got major skillage on the cake area though! love the blog too dude!! welcome to the world of bloggin! its funner than you realized isn't it?

Dawn said...

I love this idea...Maybe I could even do this one!!!
I am not a cake decorator, BTW...My daughters are...did not learn from me...
:o)