Wednesday, January 31, 2007

The January Journey...

The past month has been good. My DH and I got several things done that needed to be done, including redoing my laundry room and finishing the office. I don't have pictures yet because I am still trying to get everything in its place in the laundry room and the office (that part takes time.)

I tried something new this month, cake decorating. As those of you who have seen my cakes' progress, you still know that there is definitely room for improvement. But, it has been a fun experience that I have gotten to share with my Mom, even if it is across the miles.

My DH and I did meet some new friends this month, they are E&D. I look forward to having afternoon tea with E and getting to know both of them (and their little girl) better.

This month has also been a re-adjustment month for me, too. I got spoiled over the holidays getting to see my Mom, Dad, Sister, and wonderful Grandma. Coming back to Texas was hard because I don't get to see them and miss them very much. So, I have been adjusting (again) to not seeing them. I also have been adjusting (again) to my DH having to go to work and the work he brings home. I got used to having his undivided attention over the 3 weeks he had off in December. So, I have been getting back into the routine of him working and not being home all day.

This month has also been a trying month. I was awaiting some very serious (and important) test results for about three weeks. I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow to see what all is going on. Prayer, for me, about the matter is greatly appreciated.

I would like to use a verse in order to summarize the many thoughts I had during the month of January.

Psalms 62:8

"Trust in Him at all times, O people;
pour out your heart before Him;

God is a refuge for us.

Selah
"

2 Comments:

Julieann said...

Charree, you have my prayers, please keep us posted. I am sorry your family lives far away, I know it is hard. How nice though that you had your husband home for 3 weeks ((Gentle Hugs)))

Julieann:)

runningtocatchmybreath said...

hey ree!!! im glad you are adjusting with everything, im sorry you are so far away! you need to come back! mom is really enjoying her cakes, and hopefully in a couple days, i will get to slow down enough to show you a picture of her cakes. oh, and dad threw something away... i took a picture of it for you! so you shall get that too!! hope you are doing well my sister!!! love you!!