Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Last of the Normal...

(Photo Credit goes to my DH)

Happy Wednesday everybody!

Well, this morning I had the last of of my normal doctor's visits. Starting Tuesday, we begin our twice a week monitoring appointments. I can't believe we are getting so close to meeting our little boy.

My appointment today went well. We were able to ask a few questions and get a little better picture of what to expect in the upcoming weeks. One thing I was very curious about was what happened if the baby was found to be under stress and if that automatically meant that I would have a c-section. My doctor said depending on what kind of stress it was, I was not for sure going to have a c-section. She said that there were several factors that would result in my having a c-section. I also found out that I will not be going past my due date due to the anticardiolipin antibodies, that are the cause of my daily blood thinner injections, and concern of stress on the baby. Basically, if our sweet little boy hasn't made his appearance by the 16th of October, I will either be induced or have a c-section. My doctor is hoping he will come around week 37. We will have to see what God has planned because we aren't in control of that.

My DH and I went to our second of three child birthing classes yesterday. We learned some breathing techniques and toured the Labor and Delivery area. We also watched videos of several births and I do believe that I would have been just fine not seeing them. The whole time we were watching them I kept thinking this is really private stuff that I feel like I shouldn't be watching. I don't think that watching the actual deliveries was informative or helpful for me, instead I think it gave me mental images I didn't need. Okay, on to something else now...

I will be posting a picture on Friday of my 33 week tummy. My doctor said, based on tummy measurements, the baby doesn't seem too big or small. She said me being on the blood thinners could make him small/underweight, but she said he seems to be a normal size. Yay!!!

How is your week going???

5 Comments:

Davene said...

I like the title of this post. Get ready for a new "normal"! :)

Isn't it comforting to know that God already has a one-of-a-kind birth story for your boy?!

Charree said...

It is such a comfort and now I don't have to lose any sleep.

Anonymous said...

Charee,

Don't be concerned about the delivery. I was with the birth of my first child and my daughter was with the birth of her first. I was told by experienced mothers (and I passed this information on to my daughter) that when the actual time of delivery rolls around, you will be so very focused on "getting the job done" that you won't worry. I've been praying for you to enjoy this time and it sounds like you are!

Judi

Charree said...

Thank you Judi for the prayers and the encouragement!

Unknown said...

I agree about those videos, not necessary at all! The thing i walked away with was the breathing, not the hee hee hoos, but that slow, inhale and exhale. All the information was good, feels better knowing what's going on. Thomas was a great advocate for me and I know your hubby will be too. He thought he saw potosum (sp?) on one of the iv bags and tracked down a nurse to ask why i was given that. Turns out it was just the anitbiotics, it said Potassium somewhere on the label. And he wasn't afraid to ask questions, which i'm always hesitant to do, haha. And when it's all happening you'll be great, excited i'm sure! Yay babies! i can't wait for him to get here and our babies can meet.