Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Pecan Sandies...

Yesterday I made some Pecan Sandies from a Martha Stewart recipe. My DH is a big fan of pecans (as am I) and one of his favorite store bought cookies is the Kebler Pecan Sandies. I tried the recipe and they are delicious. I don't think I will ever think that the store bought ones taste any good now. Mine did get the slightest bit overcooked, but they are still tasty.

The recipe is very simple to make, is very fast, and has easy clean up (just one bowl plus your measuring utensils). I hope you enjoy!

Pecan Sandies
(Prep: 15 minutes
Total: 30 minutes + cooling)

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with racks in upper and lower thirds. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy; beat in vanilla and salt. With mixer on low, gradually add flour, beating just until combined. Fold in pecans.

Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place on two baking sheets, 2 inches apart. With the dampened bottom of a glass, lightly flatten each ball.

Bake until cookies are golden brown, 15 to 17 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to wire racks, and let cool. (To store, keep in an airtight container, up to 5 days.)

Yield: 18 cookies

4 Comments:

Nanci said...

Charree,

My husband is also a lover of pecan sandies. I copied your recipe and will have to give it a try. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Hope you are feeling well; I'm sure you are getting very anxious for the arrival of your little one.

Blessings,

Nanci

Davene said...

Yum! I think I would have to double the recipe though. 18 cookies wouldn't be nearly enough. :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

Don't forget to contact me...you won!

Charree said...

Nanci~
I am glad you could use the recipe. I hope you like the way they turn out. I have been feeling well with a pretty nice amount of energy. I was expecting to being on bed rest because the first part of my pregnancy was so touch and go. But I have not had any problems. Praise the Lord!

Davene~
I agree, 18 cookies isn't very many. I would have made more if I thought I could control my munching on them. I figured I wouldn't even allow myself to be tempted by them. :-D