Friday, April 10, 2009

A Trip to the See the Animals...

Happy Good Friday to all of you! I hope that you had a nice day.
My DH and I took the children that I watch to the zoo today. I thought that it would be a fun outing since we haven't done anything like that since I found out I was pregnant because I am not supposed to pick them up. As you who are around children know, no trip to the zoo is possible without picking up a 2 year old and a 4 year old so that they can see the animals. So, my DH went along with us to help me out. We wound up spending about two hours there. I could not believe the amount of people who were there, (apparently we all had the same idea). I tried to take a picture of A. but she wouldn't have anything to do with that. J. on the other hand let me snap a few of him.
I was also able to take a neat picture of the male lion. He was sitting right next to the observation glass so I seized the opportunity to take a few pictures of him as well.

After we brought the kids back home, my DH and I went to Sam's to get Carrot Cake ingredients. We are having Easter lunch with some people from our church. I volunteered to bring a Carrot Cake and since Carrot Cake is my DH's favorite cake I am going to surprise him with one that he won't have to share with everyone else.

After Sam's I was so beat that I took a nap in the car. I slept all the home and for about 40 minutes after we arrived home (my DH was driving by the way, not me).

Have any of you seen the English Patient? If you have I would like to hear what you thought about it. I have it for us to watch but was wondering if it was worth the 2 1/2 hours to watch it.

2 Comments:

Brittany said...

Sounds like a fun day! I bet those kids love having you watch them with outings like that!

Charree said...

I try to make it fun for them. My house is only so interesting to a 2 and 4 year old.