Monday, August 13, 2007

Yummy Carrot Cake...

My, my! It has been two weeks since I last posted, that it pitiful. However, I do have a lot to show for my brief absence. My DH and I have gotten a whole lot accomplished around here.

One thing I have done was have some dear friends over for dinner. For dessert, I made my DH's favorite, Paula Dean's Carrot Cake. It disappeared a few days later, with some help from my DH and I and our friends. It was very good though. The Recipe is from The Lady and Sons Savannah Country Cookbook.

Grandma Hier's Carrot Cake
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. salt
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 c. grated carrots
1 1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Add eggs and vegetable oil and mix well: add carrots and pecans. Pour into three 9-inch round greased, floured pans. Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, place on waxpaper, and allow to cool completely before frosting.

Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese
8 Tbl. (1 stick) butter
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped pecans

Combine all ingredients except for nut and beat until fluffy. Stir in nuts. Frost cake.

1 Comment:

theups said...

Great minds think alike! I just posted my carrot cake recipe today! Yummmm!!

His,
Mrs. U