Wednesday, April 15, 2009

This Mess I Have Made...

Today I have spent most of my day working around the house. Currently there is a slight problem though, I have made what appears to be a bigger mess than when I started.

Any ideas on what I have been doing based on the picture?

If you guessed putting away laundry, the answer is no. If you guess cleaning out my closet you are right. I have reached the point where all of my previous to pregnancy pants (except for the yoga and workout pants) are no longer closing. I am past the sucking it in stage. These pants just are NOT closing and many of my shirts are too tight in the bust area and are starting to ride up. So, out of my closet they go.

I need to go to the store this afternoon and buy some storage containers. After I do that I am planning on moving all of my maternity clothes to my regular closet and out of the spare room's closet.

I have managed to get quite the collection of maternity clothes over the last couple of years. I've seen cute maternity clothes all along at Target and I've waited until they were 75% to buy them. I need to buy some peddle pushers/Bermuda shorts for the summer. I fear that my maternity jeans aren't going to stand much of a chance against the Texas heat.

Anyway, I have a question for you??? Have any of you used the vacuum storage bags? I was debating on using them to put away some of my sweaters and stuff and was wondering if any of you had had any luck with them.

I hope that you have a great day!

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

hey, i talked to my friend at work. She uses and has used the brand Spacebags all the time. She said they're at Target and WMart in like the org. section. Has had great success. She's even used the ones where you keep clothes on hangers. She says just be sure not to overfill, or it'll just blow back up. And they come out fine. She usually washes the clothes cause they've been in there a whole season though. Hope that helps. I think I might look into them too!

Brittany said...

Hi Charree,
Looks like you've got your hands full! Good luck on getting that all put away. I have not used the vacuum storage bags but I bet they work great. Let me know if they work for you!

In Him,
Brittany

Melissa said...

You room looks like mine did when I was rotating my seasonal clothes! I have used the space bags and like them....I probably need to pull them out again. I always forget about them :D

Melissa :D

Davene said...

What a fun project! I always love when I'm far enough along to get out the maternity clothes. :)

I haven't used those storage bags, but it sounds like other people have found them helpful.

I hope your reorganization goes well!