Wednesday, April 8, 2009

13 is a Number I am Liking A Whole Bunch...


Hello to all of you. I apologize for going MIA for the last couple of weeks. Things have been hopping around here and I have so many things that I want to share. So instead of being overwhelmed in thinking that I need to post about them all I am going to pick one of the topics to cover today and the others in subsequent days.

Today's topic is how my pregnancy is going and the answer to that is GOOD. I went to the doctor yesterday, we were able to hear the heartbeat. It was beating soooo very fast which is a good thing. We could hear when the baby would move a little bit and its heart rate would increase just a tiny bit because of the movement. My doctor said that it will be a few more weeks before I feel the baby move, but she said it is coming.

I was worried that after the exam yesterday I would start spotting. So far, I haven't and it has been almost three weeks since I last spotted. PRAISE THE LORD!!!! This is such a big prayer answered. I am starting to feel that all of this is actually going happen. Tomorrow I will complete my 12th week and start week 13, the end of the first trimester is in sight and I love that thought. I feel like since we made it this far things might actually work out for us to hold our little one in October.

Within days after I had my miscarriage two years ago, I developed a blood clot in my leg, but it was only in a superficial vein. Blood work over the last few years has shown us that I have a higher risk for clotting and women who are pregnant naturally have a higher risk of clotting. So, as a precautionary measure for both my safety and the baby's safety, I am going to begin daily heparin injections (which is a blood thinner) tomorrow to continue until 6 weeks after delivery. Tomorrow we (my DH and I) go for injection training as he will be giving them to me. While this seems kinda' scary and inconvenient, I believe it is worth it to have the peace of mind that I am doing everything I can to help my pregnancy come to term. It will SOOOO be worth it when I hold my little one in my arms. Until then, I am going to consider it delivery boot camp, getting used to pain and needles.

My energy has been pretty amazing the last couple of days. I have been getting a ton of stuff accomplished (more on that to come later on this week). One thing I would say I have been craving is beef (in general) and Chick-fil-a chicken nuggets. I think that I would eat at Chick-fil-a everyday if my budget and/or my "trying to eat healthy conscience" could handle it.

I hope that you have a fabulous day!

2 Comments:

Brittany said...

So glad to hear that things are going well with you and your baby! I'll be praying that it continues to go that way. Can't wait to hear more of what you've accomplished these last few weeks!

Davene said...

Wonderful! I was wondering how things were going for you, and I'm so glad to read such a cheerful update!

It's funny that you're craving beef and chicken because the one thing I haven't really wanted during this pregnancy is meat. Give me fruit, veggies, rice, pasta, etc...but you can have the meat. :)