Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Happenings Around Here...

Hello everyone! I hope that your week is going well. I am so excited it is Wednesday because that means my dear sister is coming tomorrow. Yay!!!

I am sorry that I have been away from my blog for the week almost. Things have been not ridiculously busy, but busy enough. I have been having a nice amount of energy for the last little bit and I have been trying to harness it into doing productive things around the house.

The weather around here has been awful the last couple of days. It rains and then rains, and then rains some more. Myself and the doggies have been keeping ourselves inside and dry. A lot of our poor Irises just started to bloom last week and the rain has beat them down so now they are bent over. Poor things!

I wanted to share a picture of my mom and I from when she came. We were our photographers so you will have to forgive the fuzziness of it.
I wanted to share a project that my mom and I worked on while she was here several weeks ago. We bought these big metal utility shelves to help store some stuff and made some covers for them so that dust and dog hair wouldn't gather on the shelves' content and so that it would look more appealing than just a shelf full of junk. The two covers took us almost a week to finish but I am really happy with the way they turned out. The shelves hold so much stuff and they don't look too shabby while doing it.
They are made out of outdoor canvas and duck cloth.
The baskets on top of the shelves each hold 50 CD's which made it possible for me to get rid of my media tower and not waste space.

4 Comments:

Nanci said...

What a great idea to make covers for your shelving units. I have some craft supplies stored in the basement and covering them like this would be really smart. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Also, mom-to-be, you're looking pretty good!

Have a great visit with your sister.

Allison said...

I like the sewing project too. Cute fabric! 2 nosey questions... How do they open? & Where in the house do you have them?

Charree said...

Thank you both for your sweet comments.

Allison~ The opening is the brown decorative fabric. You lift it up and put it on the top. There are dowel rods in the bottom of the panels which keep them down when they are supposed to be down and makes it easier to open them up. The shelves are in our office/dogs' room. I will have to take a picture of the whole room. The shelves are just lined up on one of the walls. Let me know if you have any other questions about them.

I hope that both of you have a blessed day!

Allison said...

I like the dowel idea! Great project that could be used for many things/ rooms.