Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Let the Craziness Begin...

I am sorry that I have been absent for the last week. I have managed to keep up with reading others' blogs, but posting on my own blog did not happen. I hope that all of you had a nice Mother's Day weekend and a good start to your week.

Well, within the last week we have started setting the wheels in motion for the "getting ready for baby" almost complete house rearrangement. This weekend, my DH cleaned up his desk so that I could move into it too. After spending at least an hour reorganizing the drawers and combining the office supplies, I am quite happy with the result. I actually have all of the bills in their folders in a hang file instead of in their folders in a pile on my desk and a little stationary/correspondence section a desk drawer.

This weekend we also moved all of my sewing and craft supplies to their new home in the laundry room. It is kind of tight in there, but I think that it will work. It will be a place where the baby can hang out with me and I won't have to worry about the dogs being around or their hair mixing with my current project.

On Monday, along with watching the kiddos, I finished cleaning all of the odds and ends out of my old sewing room. All that is left in the room is stuff for the yard sale I am having this weekend. After I price all of it, I am going to start prepping the room to be painted. My goal is for us to have the room painted and have all of our bedroom furniture moved into the freshly painted room by next Friday.
Yesterday one of my goals was to alphabetize all of our CD's and putting them into the baskets on top of the new shelving. I also made some cute little labels for the front of the baskets so that we would know what CD's the baskets held. I had some leftover scrapbook paper that matched the accent fabric from the shelves that I used to make them look a better than plain white paper with letters printed on it.
Today, I went to the intro class for a Bible study I am getting to attend this coming fall. The program is called Bible Study Fellowship (or BSF to a lot of people). I had the wonderful opportunity to participate in the program last spring and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I am so excited that God has opened the doors for me to participate next year to study the book of John.

So, what has your week looked like? I am also curious if any of you are a part of a BSF study?

1 Comment:

Melissa said...

The baby's room is a nice space! I love the windows and the hardwood floors :D We have an extra bedroom in our apartment, which has turned into our "throw-down" room (and office). That pretty much means throw in the junk and close the door real quick! haha!

This week ended quickly, next week I'll be out of town (my sister is graduating high school). I bet having the baby is great motivation to make changes at home, isn't it?

Melissa :D