Friday, May 1, 2009

Sweet Sixteen...

Today I begin week 16 of my pregnancy. Yay!!!! I can't believe that we are moving along and that I am so close to halfway there. In so many ways it seems like it has been so much longer than 16 weeks since we found out. On the other hand the time is passing pretty quickly (as long as I don't check the pregnancy counter too many times during the day).

I have been feeling the baby move a little bit over the last couple of weeks. I felt it a few different times without being sure what it was. But on Easter Sunday, I felt the feeling I had been having and when I placed my hand over where I felt the movement I could feel the slightest movement with my hand. My DH also got to feel it so that was really fun.
In regards to food, first let me say that I am loving food and have found the key to not overeating is to not get starving. I have still been craving beef though not as much as I was. I really enjoy eating Gala and Honeycrisp apples, turkey sandwiches, and drinking grapefruit juice. I have found my alternative to the "usual" pickles for the pregnant lady thoughts. They are Zapp's Cajun Dill potato chips. I have become a big fan of them since I discovered them and have been trying to limit myself to only having a few with my sandwich at lunch.

We are going to be finding out the baby's gender soon. At first I thought that I might wait until delivery, but that idea quickly flew right out of my head. My doctor usually does that ultrasound between 18 and 20 weeks. We are getting sooooo close. I jokingly told my DH that the odds are even, I have had a dream about having a girl and a dream about having a boy. (Not that we would base any of it on my crazy dreams.) In the dream I had about having a little girl, I dreamed I went into labor and I was on the spaceship thing from the movie Wall-E. The dream I had about the having a boy, my doctor walked in and said "You are having a boy, that is what the guy at Waffle House told me and I agree with him." Ummmm excuse me, am I crazy or something??? I really hope that neither one of my dreams come true in regards to the details of them. Really, all of the little hovercraft chairs from Wall-E????

I have my next appointment on Thursday. We will set up our gender ultrasound then.

My Lovenox injections are going okay. As far as I am concerned, it is a small price to pay for the blessing of a little one. My DH has been doing a fabulous job giving me my shots and my mom even gave me couple of my injections when I went out of town with her. I have been bruising some, but I found a bag of frozen corn to be my solution for humongous bruises. I put the corn on my leg for at least 5 minutes before my shot and then at least 5 minutes after it. So far it has made my bruises a whole lot smaller. The first few I got made bruises bigger than a silver dollars. However, with practice and frozen corn my bruises are generally smaller than a dime. All I have to say is it will soooo be worth it when I hold my little one in my arms.

I have been feeling really good for the last few weeks. With the energy I have, I have been trying to get as much stuff done as possible while the energy lasts. I have been having enough energy to make it through the day, but I pretty much crash at 10:00 p.m. This week I worked on the list for the registeries and we made a basic registry at a couple of stores in town. I have also been looking at paint colors. I have a bluish color in mind, but I haven't decided on one yet. I also ordered nursery furniture and can't wait to see it when it comes in.

Our house is getting turned upside down in order to make the nursery comfortable. If you feel like following the complicated "switch-a-roo" then you can continue to read this paragraph. Our bedroom is going to become the nursery. My sewing room is going to become our bedroom. My sewing room will now be the laundry and the storage shelving in there will hold all of my supplies. All of the stuff that was on the shelves in the laundry room are now on the covered utility cart in the office/dogs' room as well as the freezer. See I told you it was a big switch.

Our goal is to be finished with the room swaps by the end of June. In the case of the nursery and our bedroom, a new coat of paint is on the to do list as well. I will keep you posted on the progress, however slow it may be.

God has been using this time in my pregnancy to encourage me to trust in Him. I seem to go through these cycles of feeling like everything is going well and will turn out fine for a couple of weeks and then I will have 3 or 4 days where I am start to really worry and every time I go to the bathroom I am horrified that I am going to be spotting. I have been trying to bring all of my little or big worries to God as soon as they enter my mind. God has been reinforcing a verse that I believe will be my life verse.
"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
~2 Timothy 1:7
God has given me a sound mind, I have to remember that HE is in control not me. Worrying about it will only make me anxious and a nervous wreck.

Sorry this is such a long post. I know that a few of you out there were wondering how things were going since I haven't posted about pregnancy in a while. Now you have the whole 411 about my health and the baby happenings around here.

5 Comments:

Brittany said...

I'm so glad things are going well with your pregnancy! I'd love to see pictures of the nursery when you can! My best friend is having a baby and her due date is in two weeks! I pray the rest of your pregnancy and the delivery goes well!

Elizabeth-Plain and Simple said...

Like Brittany, I am glad everything is going well with your pregnancy. And I pray that everything coninues to go well and you are able to complete your room swaps as planned. I am looking forward to more updates on you pregnancy and room changes. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Elizabeth

Heart of Wisdom Academy said...

I'm glad your pregnancy is going well. I really love the cover you made for the shelves. I actually like the whole idea, I need extra storage in the house we're moving too and this is an excellent idea. Thanks.

Davene said...

It's so much fun to read pregnancy updates; thanks for posting such a long one! :)

Aren't pregnancy dreams CRAZY? I had a strange one last night that I want to write down before I forget it. Silly dreams! :)

Have a great Sunday!

Charree said...

Thanks so much for all the encouraging comments and prayers about my pregnancy. I just keep praising the Lord for bringing me this far.

Davene...I just thought I had crazy dreams before I was pregnant...