Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Closet Episode...

Okay, so early last week, I was sitting at my desk (which is right next to the closet) and I started hearing this sound kind of like water. I look up, and the shelf started falling. The end result was a big hole in the wall and clothes all over the place.


Of course, since I did not think that the closet was organized to produce the most storage space, I asked my husband if we could completely redo the shelving. I decided that I wanted the wire track shelving like we put installed in my laundry room. So, when my DH and I went to Lowe's to price the supplies we started thinking about redoing the two other closets as well. All of them had a great deal of wasted space and in our little house I can use all the storage space I can get. They all had a single shelf that basically split the space between the floor and the ceiling, that was it.

My DH and I wound up having to repaint the closets and patch the walls. So, this translated into the whole back of our house looking more like a tornado had just gone by. The beds were piled up with clothes and boxes.









We finished the closets on Friday and I am very happy with the way they turned out. I gained a whole lot more storage space. For instance in one closet, instead of just having 1 9' shelf. I now have 2 9' shelves, 2 4' shelves, and 4 18" shelves. I actually have more storage than I need for once. Here are the end results, the one on the right is the same closet as in the previous pictures.
I turned the little closet in our bedroom into a double hang closet. I am using the other closet to hold coats and dresses.














I also got ride of two trash bags full of clothes and shoes because they either didn't fit or I didn't wear them.

1 Comment:

Kelli said...

Wow! What a big project, Charree! Your new closet looks wonderful though, I'm loving all that storage space!
Kelli