Friday, August 17, 2007

Show and Tell Friday for August 17th...

Happy Friday to everyone! It cannot believe that another week is coming to a close. Summer is quickly ending. However, today Kelli is once again hosting Show & Tell Friday. So why don't you join us?

This week I would like to show everyone an apron that my Grandmother gave me for my birthday this year. It is a vintage apron with beautiful hand embroidery. I love vintage aprons and my Grandma said that as soon as she saw it, she knew I would love it. It has ric-rac sewn onto the edge to give it some personality and a button waist closure.


Because I have always wanted to learn how to embroider, the apron gave me an idea. My Grandma knows how to embroider. So, I asked her if she would help me make a reproduction of the apron she gave me so that she could teach the stitches. We spent two days together talking and visiting while we worked on it. We didn't get it finished but I will share pictures of it when I do.

Thanks for sharing Show and Tell Friday with me. Go on over to Kelli's and join in on the fun.

12 Comments:

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Your apron is so fresh and dainty with that pretty embroidery. How wonderful that your grandmother is teaching you some of these stitches.

Anonymous said...

I love love love vintage aprons!! How beautiful.
I posted the words to the hymn that my aunt wrote.
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Susan said...

What a lovely apron. So much personality in it. And then you're learning from your grandmother to duplicate it. How wonderful. I will be eager to see your finished product.
Susan

Anonymous said...

I have NEVER seen an embroidered apron! How dainty and pretty!!!

Kelli said...

What a talened Grandmother you have, Charree! Her embroidery is beautiful and what a lovely apron she gave you! I can't wait to see the one you are working on!
Kelli

LBP said...

What a lovely apron. I would be afraid to wear it, it is so pretty. Can't wait to see the photos of the one you are making!

Linda

Marci said...

Oh, even more special than the apron is getting to spend time with your Grandma and learning a craft from her!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful emboidery and it looks like it would be so comfortable to wear. How fun that you and your grandma can embroider together.
Blessings...

Julieann said...

What beautiful work your grandmother did. I just love aprons!

Julieann

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! And I am so glad you were able to work on some embroidery together!

Meredith said...

How feminine!

I just found your blog, and I have to say how much I love its bold color and zinnia header! It's a breath of fresh air. I look forward to visiting again.

theups said...

This is so beautiful!!! What a wonderful gift!!!

His,
Mrs. U