Monday, October 22, 2007

My Precious Baby...


Today marks the one year anniversary since my DH and I had a miscarriage and we lost our first baby within a month of finding out we were going to be parents. This past year has been very hard in many respects. It has had its ups and its downs. I still don't understand why God chose to take my baby on to heaven before it was even born. However, I do know that He is keeping me safe in His hands and He knows what He is doing.

So, I am dedicating this post to my little baby who will never know anything but heaven. However brief those few weeks filled with precious feelings of excitement and joy about being a mom were, my life has been forever changed because of my little baby.

God has brought me through this past year and He will continue to bring me through each new day and the trials that are set before me. I am resting in knowing that and praising God because He has taken my sorrow and turned it into peace.

Below is a song written by the musical group named Watermark. This is the song that they wrote after they lost their own baby. This song makes me cry sometimes and sometimes it makes me smile but it always provides me with peace.


Glory Baby, You slipped away
As fast as we could say baby, baby
You were growing, what happened Dear,
You disappeared on us baby, baby

Heaven will hold you before we do
Heaven will keep you safe
Until we're home with you
Until we're home with you


CHORUS
We miss you everyday, miss you in every way
But we know there's a day when we will hold you, we will hold you
And you'll kiss our tears away, when we're home to stay
We can't wait for the day when we will see you, we will see you
But baby let sweet Jesus hold you, until mom and dad can hold you
You'll just have heaven before we do
You'll just have heaven before we do

Sweet little baby, it's hard to understand it
Cause we are hurting, we are hurting
But there is healing, and we know we're stronger people
Through the growing, and in knowing

All things work together for our good
And God works his purposes
Just like he said he would, just like he said he would

BRIDGE
I can't imagine Heaven's lullabies
And what they must sound like
But I will rest in knowing
Heaven is your home
And it's all you'll ever know, all you'll ever know

3 Comments:

Hailey's Beats and Bits said...

since everything happens in God's perfect time, He has better, bigger and more awesome plans for you and DH. blessings!

Shosh said...

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope you're granted your heart's desire.

Julieann said...

(((Charree)))) I know God is holding you in this difficult time!!

Julieann