Saturday, April 10, 2010

First Family Easter...

I hope that all of you had a very nice Easter. From some of y'all's pictures that I've seen, I would say you did.

Judah's First Easter.

We had a very low key Easter this year. I had originally planned a nice meal and dessert; but, those plans all fell through. My DH was up most of the night with a stomach ache and migraine. I was getting up trying to help him while also trying to get some sleep because I knew that Judah would be waking up at 7:00.

So when 7:00 a.m. rolled around, I got Judah and nursed him. He fell asleep while he was nursing, so I went back to sleep as well. Next thing I knew it was 9:32 and church starts at 10:00. I hopped out of bed, got Judah dressed, nursed him, washed my face, and threw on some clothes. We made it church about ten minutes late. My DH came in for the sermon.

Since the morning went the way it did, I wasn't able to get lunch in the oven before church. My DH wound up making some tasty BBQ chicken while I nursed Judah. I planned on making this cake. The cake itself turned out great, but for some reason my icing didn't turn out. The first time I had a large candy chunck stuck to the bowl when I poured in the syrup and the second time the sugar burned, I think. So we wound up having coconut cake with strawberries and cool whip instead.

In the end, I guess my day could have been ruined because I looked like a "who-da-thought" for church and my planned Easter meal was a flop, but that isn't what the day was about. So, I celebrated the Resurrection of our Lord because all else pales in light of Him and what He has done for us.

0 Comments: