Friday, May 16, 2008

Prince Caspian...

Today, my DH and I went to the theater to see the next movie in the Chronicles of Narnia series, Prince Caspian. It was really good and I completely enjoyed it. The first movie "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" was such a wonderful movie that I feared the sequal would be a let down but it wasn't. I think that it is really neat how even through the movie God spoke to me about having the courage to trust Him. I don't want to give the story line away, but it is so neat how C.S. Lewis used Aslan as an allegory for Christ.

The first time I saw the first movie, I was moved to tears by the direct correlation that Lewis tied to Aslan's sacrifice and Christ's sacrifice. I had seen the Passion of the Christ, but the Narnia movie showed the ultimate sacrifice in such a different light. If you haven't seen the first one, I highly recommend it. The Prince Caspian will make a lot more sense if you do.

As for the movie rating, it is rated PG. There is some violence and presence of mythological creatures which can be scarry for little ones. But, there are no gory scenes or anything like that. You can watch a trailer by clicking on this link.

I actually haven't read any of the Chronicles of Narnia; but, I really want to. I might make reading all of them a goal for this summer. We'll see.

2 Comments:

gwsas4 said...

Yea! You are updating your blog! :-)

Charree said...

I am at least striving to update. We'll see in a few weeks how well I am doing.