Saturday, June 12, 2010

The New Normal...

Hello to you, that is if there are still any blog readers out there!

Since October, my life has changed in so many ways. What used to be the normal routine and
activities for me is either no longer or morphed into something different. Somehow in the back of my mind, I figured that I would still vacuum my house everyday, sew fun things, keep up with the laundry, make gourmet dinners, blog regularly, keep up on weekly FlyLady zoning, and spend all of Judah's waking hours playing or nursing him.

I realize that I had unrealistic expectations, especially considering that if Judah is awake I could care less about hobbies in light of playing with him.

I am settling into a new routine. I've figured out that if nothing else, keeping up on the laundry helps me not get too overwhelmed by my potential to do list. Judah and I have a system worked out for vacuuming. I carry him on one hip while I vacuum the house. He doesn't mind the noise then and I don't mind carrying him. Judah likes to play on the floor in his bedroom while I fold his diapers and put away his clothes. We read, do some "baby yoga", exchange "sugar", and play. Judah hangs out in his exer-saucer or plays with his daddy while I fix dinner. We have been trying to spend a few evenings a week in the back yard, enjoying God's creation before it gets too hot.
Judah also got a snazzy walker last week. He follows me around the house as I empty clothes bins and put away the odds and ends around.
I hope to be a little more regular with my posts. I have a whole list of things I want to write about and share. Not to mention catch up on many of your blogs. Hopefully as I begin to finally feel like we are in our new groove, I will be a better blogging friend.

I am curious, what housekeeping activity is your "when all else fails at least _______ has to be done" chore?

2 Comments:

Nanci said...

Looks like you are learning to blend mamahood and homemaking -- no easy feat!

As long as the kitchen is clean, I feel like I can manage all the rest. My advantage is that my "little ones" are teens and can help much more now.

Remember the importance of having Judah help even at a very early age. This will accomplish two things: 1) Little ones love to learn and to feel the importance of grown-up work and 2) although you may think that it is easier to do things yourself, it is the training ground for instilling a good work ethic and developing the "helper" you will need as your quiver is blessed with more arrows.

Keep up the good work.

Charree said...

Nanci~ Thank you for your words of wisdom. I really like how you mentioned allowing them to help as being a training ground. A clean kitchen is next on my list of musts, especially running the dishwasher at night. Have a blessed day!
~Charree